HP 447986-001 LCD Cable are made from highest quality parts, the cable are tailored made according to the original size, whether the battery appearance, size and quality are the same as with the original. Every LCD Cable should be under strict quality control before leaving the factory, and has passed the authentication of CE, UL, EMC, CQC, ROHS, etc.
1. Check the manual that came with your laptop or navigate your web browser to the support section of the manufacturer's website. Find out what exact model of inverter board you need for your computer. Purchase a matching inverter board.
2. Shut down the laptop's operating system entirely. Close the LCD screen lid. Remove keyboard and ac adapter, Turn the whole laptop over so the bottom end of the case is facing up toward you. Locate the battery release latch and press down on it with one hand. Use your other hand to pull the battery out of the case and then set the laptop battery aside.
3. Turn the laptop back over and open the laptop screen back up. Slide a flat and thin object, such as a screwdriver, directly underneath the seam of the plastic bezel underneath the LCD screen. Wiggle the screwdriver up and down gently until the bezel pops off the case. Lift the bezel up and check to see if there is a cable running to the motherboard. Disconnect the HP 447986-001 Video Cable if there is one. Set the hinges bezel aside.
4. A rubber stopper pieceLocate the rubber stopper pieces along the edges and at the top of the LCD screen. Pop the stopper pieces off of the case by inserting a flat object underneath them and then pulling out toward you. Use a screwdriver to pull out the screws hidden underneath the stoppers.
5. Pull the casing on the screen outwards toward you. Remove it entirely from the laptop and set it aside. Locate the inverter board at the bottom of the screen and find the cable running from the inverter board to the motherboard. Pull off the strip of tape on the board and remove the screws holding it in place if there are any on your particular model of laptop. Disconnect the cable from the motherboard.
6. Remove the inverter bard and its cable and discard them. Set the replacement inverter board in its place and connect the new lcd cable to the corresponding port on the motherboard. Reattach the cover on the LCD screen and reconnect the screws and the rubber stoppers.
7. Reconnect the motherboard cable to the plastic bezel and place the bezel back onto the laptop case. Put the battery back into the laptop and power it on. Wait for the manufacturer's logo to appear on the screen to make sure you installed the new inverter board and HP 447986-001 LCD Cable properly.